1. I never have tried a wig before, how can I start?
It helps to have a good idea of what you want a wig to do for you. Do you want to wear wigs to change your look? Do you have hair loss or damage you want to cover without changing your natural hairs’ texture or color?
If you want a wig to change your look, decide which kind of hairstyles you want and find out which kind of hairstyle suits you better.
If you have hair loss or damage, start from getting the texture, color, style and length you would have if you were able to grow an adequate amount of hair on your head.
No matter the reason you want a wig, choose a wig shop with good reviews and ask a trusted friend or family to give you honest feedback.
And here are another few tips for you to get started:
(1) Start with wearing a hat that matches your outfit if you cannot perfectly manage your hairline.
(2) Wear your wig at home for the first few days until you’re used to it.
(3) Boosting your self-confidence is key! If you look good, and your family members and best friends feel you look good, then flaunt it.
(4) Get your wig styled by your usual hairdresser. Got to them often, like once every three months, to make sure your wig keeps its style.
(5) Carefully wash and store your wig. Keep it on a head when not in use.
(6) Change your wig at least once a year.