Everyone who often wearing a wig should know how to wash a wig, now let's start the topic with a few frequently asked questions.
Q. How often should I wash my wig?
A. If you wear your wig every day, at least once a week is recommended. If you do not use often, wash after a few times use. Please do not store your wig without washing.
If you do not wash your wig often, the hair will less smoothy, and thus will cuase the tangling.
Q. Should I wash my wig with cold water or warm water?
A. Everyone knows that we shouldn't wash our wig with hot water, but which degree is better? Our advice is warm water, the degree that you feel comfortable when you put your hands in.
Why not cold water? Because warm water helps remove the oil, makeup and so on.
Q. Do you have any recommended products that I use to wash and condition my wig?
A. Just use the products you like and with less chemical composition. Buy the shampoo and conditioner with the price you think it's acceptable and you feel like it's okay about the smell.
Q. Will deep condition ruin my wig?
A. That depends on the products you use, always choose the conditioners with less chemical composition.
And here's the steps of washing a wig:
1. Detangle your hair with wide teeth comb from ends to root.
2. While holding the hair in your hands, gently wet with 77°F-86°F water, do not soak your hair. Once wet, apply a small amount of pure care hydra shampoo and distribute evenly throughout the hair using your fingers.
3. Rinse with 77°F-86°F warm water to remove shampoo.
4. Apply a small amount of pure care hydra conditioner and distribute evenly throughout hair using your fingers.
For best results, use the pure care intensive recovery mask, as needed, for a deeper conditioning treatment, but this is not necessary for every time you wash your wig.
5. Rinse with 77°F-86°F warm water to remove conditioner.
6. Gently pat and press with a soft towel to remove excess water. DO NOT rub, squeeze, twist or wring hair.
7. Place on a folding stand and allow to air dry.
If you would like your hair to dry quicker, fold over your wig, blow the wig cap to prevent hair tangling, move your blower quickly to avoid blowing one place for a long time to burn the lace. When the lace is dry, place your wig back on a folding stand, wait till the hair totally dry.
Tips: Do not brush your curls when washing. Towel dry and style it with your fingers to prevent frizz.
If you have more questions, contact us by emailing to [email protected]