Lace wigs are typically divided into three types.
- · Lace Front Wigs
- · Full Lace Wigs
- · 360 Lace Wigs
You are concerned, can you wear your lace wig with a high ponytail or not. Right? The answer is, yes, you can. But first, know the difference between these three versions of lace wigs.
Lace Front Wigs: It has a sheer lace strictly in the front edges of the unit. Most of the celebrities wear it to create the illusion of a natural hairline. However, this wig does not cover the entire head, so it is not suitable for high ponytails unless you choose a type of lace front cap which has a small sheer of lace used to help fix around the neck. Like the picture shown below:
This kind of lace cap has a small sheer of lace around the neck which you can use to glue down.
Full Lace Wigs: Unlike Lace front wigs, which is made up of an ear to ear stretch of lace, it covers the whole head. It gives you an edge to enjoy more hairstyles. But please avoid choosing the wig cap with ear tabs, where you cannot glue down around the ear.
This kind of full lace cap is not suitable for a high ponytail.
360 Lace Wigs: It is just like full lace wig except, for one thing, the lace only covers the perimeter, but all around the perimeter so it can be used in high ponytails.
Now let’s start the high ponytail application steps.
- 1. The flat foundation is essential to get amazing results. So one way to do this is to braid your hair straight back.
- 2. Clean your forehead line with alcohol to make sure that there is not anything that will mess up the lace being able to stick up on your forehead with the glue.
- 3. Put down the stocking cap, apply the glue on the forehead line.
- 4. Now blow-dry it to make it dry completely.
- 5. If you want to create a bald scalp look, apply a little foundation on the stocking cap that is matching your skin tone.
Front Side – Natural Looking Hairline Tips
Now it is time to apply the lace wig on the front side.
- 1. Apply the glue directly on the forehead and smooth it out.
- 2. Go ahead, press your lace down after blow-drying it on cool.
- 3. Cut the extra part of lace that is on ears and forehead to make it as seamless as possible.
- 4. To avoid baby look, cut it in little bit zigzag instead of cutting straight and pluck the front side of wig (hairs) to give it a natural look.
- 5. To blend it properly with the skin, add a little bit of hairspray.
Back Side – The Key Point to Make Your Wig Stay in Place when Wearing a High Ponytail
You are done with the front side now, and it is time to apply the backside.
- 1. Ask someone to pluck the wig from the backside to make it feel like original hairs.
- 2. Cut the extra lace.
- 3. Apply the glue on the neck, press your lace down and smooth it out.
- 4. Blow-drying it on cool.
Now make sure the lace is firmly attached to the head and feel free to make a high ponytail or an updo.
Pro tip: You can apply mousse hair spray before making a high ponytail. It will give a soothing effect.